Here are some of our favorite examples of third-party mobile app developers that are using NODE+™ interchangeable sensor modules for work, play, and education:
- Velos for NODE+chroma is used for color referencing by professionals in product manufacturing, quality control, industrial design, and paint-matching
- Academic researchers are using motion mapping for physical therapy for stroke victims
- Cargosense is monitoring freight during shipments for the healthcare industry
- WKC Fix-O-Meter provides biofeedback for kettlebell lifters training for competitions
- Vibe Pro is using NODE+therma to record equipment temperatures during vibration analysis
- Vernier Graphic Analysis is used to teach science courses in high schools and colleges around the world
- LIttle Lives allows teachers to record forehead temperatures of preschool students
- Variometer and Aeronaut can help recreational pilots determine altitude and vertical speed
More possibilities are waiting to be discovered, thus paving the way for entrepreneurial opportunities – and pre-existing apps are encouraged to integrate with NODE+™ for this competition.
Here are just a few examples of apps that could be built:
- Customizable Doorbell: It sounds like a doorbell when a door is knocked where there’s a NODE+™ hanging.
- Morse code flashlight & translator: A game that uses NODE+luma and NODE+clima to send and receive light messages.
- Compass: An app that could reveal the direction where it is being pointed using NODE+motion.
- Pedometer: An app for NODE+motion when a walker doesn’t feel like carrying their smart device.
- Photography Light Meter: A light meter using NODE+clima to help photographers take better pictures.
- Auxiliary Home Alert System: An app that notifies you whenever someone enters into a room using NODE+motion.
- Auxiliary Smoke Detector: An app that uses NODE+oxa sensors to simulate a smoke detector for educational use.
- Sleep Monitor: An app that monitors sleep movement with NODE+motion.
- Vibration Analysis Monitor: An app that monitors vibrations from rotational equipment using NODE+motion.
- Leveler: An app that uses NODE+motion as a leveler for home and construction use.
Additionally, there literally hundreds of mobile apps out that would be perfect for integrating with NODE+ sensor functionality!